Early on, it became clear Liz was an artist. Perhaps the tip-off was the rainbow of crayon drawing Liz left behind her wherever she went as a toddler. Or maybe it was the fact that by grade three she had already graduated from colouring books to charcoal sketches. All signs (and scribbles) pointed to a career in art.
“Exactly what kind of art?“ has been the question ever since. She’s an accomplished creator in pretty much every medium we can think of, as evidenced by her fine art works in oils, watercolours, charcoals, photography and computer-based vector graphics.
She also revels in the world of fashion and has designed and sewn samples for three seasons of her independent fashion line Gatée (French for “spoiled”), and produced accompanying seasonal lookbooks as well as ad hoc costuming. She also maintains her own blog and supplies written editorial content for occasional fashion spreads.
Liz graduated from the Design and Communications program at the University College of the Fraser Valley with a 3.9 GPA, making the dean’s list, garnering scholarships and becoming class valedictorian.
Fresh out of design school, she honed her skills at some of Vancouver’s top design firms, working with clients such as Port Metro Vancouver, Canada Place Corporation, the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation, Envision Financial, De Dutch Pannekoek House, Fabricland, uniPHARM Wholesale Drugs, the Vancouver Aquarium, Citizen’s Bank and Vancity Credit Union, to name a few.
Oh yeah, and in her spare time over the past 10 years Liz has built an extensive portfolio as an agency-represented make-up artist and hair stylist. No big deal. She‘s also styled, propped, cast, produced and art directed countless shoots. Basically, if you want professional photography, get Liz … and, of course, a professional photographer.
Top Five Book Sets
- The Matthew Swift Series by Kate Griffin
- LOTR, and The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein
- Forensics thrillers by Kathy Reichs
- Andrew Lang’s Fairy Books, illustrated by Henry Justice Ford
- Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Series by Stieg Larsson
Top Five Websites
- Craigslist - the “Free” section is filled with fun stuff... and funnier posts
Top Five Places To Be
- Italy... really, pretty much anywhere in Italy
- Relaxing in a warm, sunny cafe with soft music and the hum of voices
- Curled up in my comfy chair at home, across from my sweetie
- On a photo set: hairstyling, creating make-up looks, art directing, shooting, etc
- Poking through museums, art galleries, bookstores and curios shops
Top Five Foods (Hint Chocolate):
- Chocolate layer cake (the more layers the better)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Torte
- Salt & Caramel Dark Chocolate
- Chocolate Chunk (or chip) Cookies, as long as there is LOTS of chocolate
- Espresso-based coffee drinks
Liz's Twitter Feed
- Couple of moments with mickeymmarie of @TheFamilyMgmt with beauty by @meredithlmakeup and… https://t.co/jm7ScOEJcd — 20 Oct
- Also missing the heat of NY, Mexican dining with @carlastyling, door wide open to the street,… https://t.co/3kXlqEzfSC — 12 Oct
- A few more from our #Disconnect story in the fall issue of bisousmagazine magazine. ❤🌾🍂… https://t.co/fqdnI0CKAL — 12 Oct
- #screencap #sneakpeaks of a bevy of beauties with @league_models from our Monday funday, beauty… https://t.co/7nNLvApo7V — 10 Oct